What is the News?
The Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs launched a Pilot Pey Jal Survekshan.
About Pey Jal Survekshan
- It is a drinking water survey launched in 10 cities under Jal Jeevan Mission (Urban).
- Ministry: Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs.
- Purpose: It will ascertain the equitable distribution of water, reuse of wastewater in target cities. Moreover, it will map water bodies with respect to the quantity and quality of water.
- Coverage: It will cover 10 cities; Agra, Badlapur, Bhubaneswar, Churu, Kochi, Madurai, Patiala, Rohtak, Surat, and Tumkur.
- The survey will be monitored through a technology-based platform. This platform will monitor the beneficiary responses.
- Authorities will collect data through various methods; face-to-face interviews with citizens and municipal officials, on-call interviews, water sample collection, laboratory testing, and field survey.
- Based on the learnings of the pilot survey, this exercise will extend to all Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation (AMRUT) cities.