List of Contents
What is the News?
The Ministry of Jal Shakti has presided over the e-launch of Swachh Survekshan Gramin 2021.
About Swachh Survekshan Gramin 2021
Swachh Survekshan Gramin 2021 is organized by the Department of Drinking Water and Sanitation (DDWS), Ministry of Jal Shakti under Swachh Bharat Mission (Grameen) Phase -II.
Aim: To support the acceleration of Open Defecation Free(ODF) plus interventions and increase momentum for improving ODF Sustainability as well as Solid and Liquid Waste Management (SLWM) activities across the villages in the country.
Who will conduct it? An expert agency has been hired to conduct the Survekshan 2021. As part of the exercise, Villages, Districts and States would be ranked using key parameters.
Coverage: As part of the survey, 17,475 villages in 698 Districts across the country will be covered.
Weightage to different elements under SSG-2021
- Direct Observation of sanitation at public places -30%
- Citizen’s Feedback, including feedback from common citizens, key influencers at the village level and from citizens online using a mobile App -35%
- Service Level Progress on sanitation-related parameters -35%.
New Elements in SSG-2021
Many new elements have been added in the SSG 2021. These elements include –
- Assessment of Solid, Liquid, Plastic Waste & faecal Sludge Management Arrangements,
- Awareness on Menstrual Hygiene and Management & Disposal Arrangements for Menstrual Waste.
- Survey of Waste disposal infrastructure in the village.
Source: This post is based on the article “Ministry of Jal Shakti launches Swachh Survekshan Gramin 2021” published in PIB on 9th September 2021.
Terms to know: