List of Contents
What is the news?
The Ministry of Women and Child Development has decided to classify all of its major programmes under three Umbrella Schemes- Mission Shakti, Mission POSHAN 2.0, and Mission Vatsalya.
This step has been taken to ensure the effective implementation of various programmes and schemes of the Ministry.
What are the three umbrella Schemes?
- Mission Shakti will consist of the schemes and policies for the empowerment and protection of women.
- Schemes: Mission Shakti will cover schemes under two categories:
- SAMBAL: This category will include schemes such as One Stop Centre, Mahila Police Volunteer, Women’s Helpline, Swadhar, Ujjawala among others.
- SAMARTHYA: This category will include schemes such as Beti Bachao Beti Padhao, Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana among others.
- Mission Shakti will run in convergence with the other two Umbrella Schemes.
Mission Vatsalya :
- Mission Vatsalya will be looking into the child welfare services and child protection services all over the country.
- Schemes: Mission Vatsalya will include the Scheme for Child Protection Services, a Centrally Sponsored Scheme.
Saksham Anganwadi and Mission POSHAN 2.0 scheme:
- Schemes: This will include schemes such as Integrated Child Development Scheme(ICDS), Anganwadi Services, Poshan Abhiyan, Scheme for Adolescent Girls, National Creche Scheme among others.
- Mission Poshan 2.0: The government will be merging the Poshan Abhiyan and supplementary nutrition programme to launch Mission Poshan 2.0.
- Mission Poshan 2.0 will look into the ways and measures for strengthening the nutritional content, outreach, delivery, and outcomes.
Source: Economic Times