What is the News?
The Ministry of Defence has launched SPARSH (System for Pension Administration Raksha) Portal.
About SPARSH Portal:
- SPARSH is an integrated system for automation of sanction and disbursement of defence pension.
- The portal processes pension claims and credits pension directly into the bank accounts of defence pensioners without relying on any external intermediary.
- The portal is also available for pensioners to view their pension related information, access services and register complaints for redressal of grievances.
- As part of the SPARSH system, Service Centres will be established to provide last mile connectivity to pensioners who may be unable to directly access the SPARSH portal for any reason.
- In addition to several offices of the Defence Accounts Department, which are already functioning as Service Centres for pensioners, the two largest banks State Bank of India(SBI) and Punjab National Bank (PNB) – have been selected as Service Centres.