What is the News?
Bureau of Police Research and Development (BPR&D) and All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) have jointly launched MANTHAN-2021.
- Organized by: Bureau of Police Research and Development (BPR&D) in coordination with the Innovation Cell of the Ministry of Education and AICTE.
- Purpose: Manthan is a hackathon based on national interests and challenges faced by our intelligence agencies in the fields such as Fake Content Detection, Cybercrime, Image, Video and Data Analytics, etc.
- BPR&D was established in 1970 with the objective of modernisation of police forces. It functions under the aegis of Union Home Ministry. It replaced the Police Research and Advisory Council formed in 1966.
- Purpose: It is a nodal national police organisation to study, research and develop on subjects and issues related to policing.
- Headquarters: New Delhi
About Innovation Cell:
- Innovation cell is an initiative of the Ministry of Education to foster the culture of Innovation in all Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) across the country.
- It has been established at All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) premises.
- Mandate: To encourage and nurture young students by exposing them to new ideas resulting in innovative activities in their formative years, fostered through Network of Innovation Clubs (NIC) in Higher Educational Institutions.