News:Moody’s Investor Service has released its Global Macro Outlook Report.
Key takeaways from the report:
- Revised India’s growth forecasts to 5.4% for 2020 and 5.8% for 2021, down from previous projections of 6.6% and 6.7% respectively.
- India’s key to stronger economic momentum would be revival of domestic demand and resumption of credit growth.
- It has also reduced the global GDP growth forecast and expects G-20 economies to collectively grow by 2.4% in 2020 and 2.8% in 2021.
- However,it says that the coronavirus outbreak in China is expected to cause disruption in the first quarter.
- Moody’s is an essential component of the global capital markets.
- It provides credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets.