News: Ministry of Road Transport and Highways has enhanced the allocation of funds for expenditure under Special Accelerated Road Development Programme in North Eastern Areas(SARDP-NE).
- SARDP-NE: It is an initiative of the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways for the development of road networks in the North Eastern Region and Sikkim.
- Up-gradation of National Highways connecting State Capitals.
- Providing connectivity to District Headquarter towns of North Eastern Region(NER)
- Providing road connectivity to backward and remote areas of NE region to boost socio-economic development;
- Improving roads of strategic importance in border areas;
- Improving connectivity to neighbouring countries.