News: The Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship(MSDE) has launched ‘Atma Nirbhar Skilled Employee Employer Mapping’(ASEEM) portal.
- ASEEM Portal: It is an artificial intelligence based platform that aims to help skilled people find sustainable livelihood opportunities by providing employers a platform to assess the availability of skilled workforce and formulate their hiring plans.
- Developed by: The portal has been developed by the National Skill Development Corporation(NSDC) in collaboration with BetterPlace.
- NSDC: It is a not-for-profit public limited company incorporated in 2008 under section 25 of the Companies Act, 1956
- The Government of India through the Ministry of Skills Development & Entrepreneurship(MSDE) holds 49% of the share capital of NSDC while the private sector has the balance 51% of the share capital.
- Aim: To create training capacity in the country, fund vocational training initiatives and create a market ecosystem for skill development.