Source: Click here
News: Doctors have witnessed more than 12 cases of Covid-19 triggered Mucormycosis fungus infection.
- Black Fungus or Mucormycosis: It is a serious but rare fungal infection caused by a group of molds called mucormycetes which exist in the environment.
- Symptoms: The symptoms are face numbness, one-side nose obstructions or swelling of eyes or pain.
- Vulnerable Group: Mucormycosis mainly affects people who have health problems or take medicines that lower the body’s ability to fight germs and sickness.
- Transmission: It is acquired when spores produced by the mold are inhaled or much less commonly when they enter the body through a cut or other break in the skin.It does not spread between people or between people and animals.
- Diagnosis: Healthcare providers consider medical history, symptoms, physical examinations, and laboratory tests when diagnosing mucormycosis.
- Treatment: It needs to be treated with prescription antifungal medicine. Often, mucormycosis also requires surgery to cut away the infected tissue.