News:NASA’s Kepler Space Telescope has discovered an Earth like exoplanet called Kepler-1649c.
- Kepler-1649c is an exoplanet which is nearly the size of Earth and is located nearly 300 light-years from Earth.
- The planet is located in its star’s habitable zone.
- Exoplanet:It is a planet outside the Solar System.The first confirmation of detection of exoplanet occurred in 1992.
- Kepler Space Telescope:It was an observatory in space launched by NASA to discover Earth-size planets orbiting other stars. It was launched in 2009 and decommissioned in 2018.
- Habitable Zone(Goldilocks zone):It is the area around a star where it is not too hot and not too cold for liquid water to exist on the surface of surrounding planets.Our Earth is in the Sun’s Goldilocks zone.