News:The Bureau of Police Research and Development(BPR&D) is organizing a National Conference on ‘Criminal Activities and Radicalization in Jails: Vulnerability of Inmates and Jail Staff and their Protection’.
The conference will focus on the following issues:
- To understand various criminal activities at individual and gang level and considers safety measures for vulnerable inmates and jail staff.
- To understand various facets of radicalization in prison and suggest measures for counter radicalization.
- To analyse and formulate the security and protection standards for prison staff.
- To provide an interdisciplinary platform for correctional personnel to exchange and share their experiences on prison reforms.
- BPR&D was established in 1970 with the objective of the modernisation of police forces.It is nodal national police organisation to study,research and develop on subjects and issues related to policing.
- BPR&D functions under the aegis of Union Home Ministry.It is headquartered in New Delhi.Since its formation,it has evolved as a multifaceted, consultancy organisation.
- At present it has 4 divisions which are (a)Research (b)Development, (c)Training and (d)Correctional Administration.