News: Union Minister of Education has released details of the implementation plan of National Education Policy 2020.
- National Education Policy 2020: It is the third in the series of National Education Policies (1968 and 1986 modified in 1992) in India and is the first education policy of the 21st century. NEP 2020 covers major reforms in wider spectrum of school education from pre-primary to senior secondary.
Implementation Plan for School Education:
- ShikshakParv was organised for discussing recommendations of NEP 2020 and its implementation strategies.
- Major portions of NEP will be covered under the new National Curriculum Framework(NCF) and centrally sponsored schemes. Groundwork for NCF is initiated and it is likely to be developed in the next academic session, that is 2021-22.
- Approval has been given for setting up the National Mission on Foundational Literacy and Numeracy Mission. A Committee has been formed for preparing a framework on FL&N, codification of learning outcomes, etc.
- E-learning has been expanded through DIKSHA.DIKSHA provides access to a large number of curriculum-linked e-content through several solutions such as QR coded Energized Textbooks(ETBs), courses for teachers, quizzes etc.
- Government has launched an initiative called ‘Manodarpan’ for mental health and wellbeing of students.It aims to provide emotional support and counselling to the students under distress.
- Learning Outcomes upto Secondary level have been notified and draft of learning outcomes for senior secondary level have been released for inviting suggestions.
- The department is also aligning its existing schemes i.e, Samagra Shiksha, Mid Day Meal and Padhna Likhna Abhiyan with the recommendations of NEP 2020.