News:Ministry of Human Resource Development(MHRD) has announced a Scheme named National Educational Alliance for Technology(NEAT).
- The scheme aims to use Artificial Intelligence to make learning more personalized and customized as per the requirements of the learner.
- Under the scheme,a National NEAT platform will be created that would provide one-stop access to these technological solutions.
- All India Council for Technical Education(AICTE) would be the implementing agency for the NEAT programme.
- The ministry will also create a National Alliance with technology developing EdTech Companies through a Public-Private Partnership (PPP) model.
- MHRD would act as a facilitator to ensure that the Adaptive Learning Solutions are freely available to a large number of economically backward students.
- EdTech companies would be responsible for developing solutions and manage the registration of learners through the NEAT portal.
- Artificial Intelligence is a way of making a computer or a computer controlled robot or software perform human-like tasks.
- It refers to the ability of machines to perform cognitive tasks like thinking, perceiving, learning, problem solving and decision making.
- The All India Council for Technical Education(AICTE) is the statutory body and a national-level council for technical education.
- It works under Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development.
- It was initially established in 1945 as an advisory body and later on in 1987 given statutory status by an Act of Parliament.
- AICTE is responsible for proper planning and coordinated development of the technical education and management education system in India.
- It also accredits postgraduate and graduate programs under specific categories at Indian institutions as per its charter.