News:A new National Recruitment Agency(NRA) will be set up to streamline recruitment process on subordinate-rank posts in the government.
About the NRA:
- The proposal new agency is meant to streamline the recruitment process on subordinate-rank posts in the government.
- It will also reduce the burden of the Staff Selection Commission(SSC) and the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection(IBPS) from holding preliminary recruitment exams which is an extensive exercise.
- Once set up, NRA will work as a preliminary single-window agency to shortlist qualifying candidates from the bulk of applicants and forward the list to SSC, IBPS to hold the mains.
- However, the proposed agency will not be in charge of recruitment of Probationary Officers(PO) in banks.
Staff Selection Commission(SSC)
- The Staff Selection Commission is an attached office of the Department of Personnel and Training.
- It was constituted as the Subordinate Services Commission in 1975 which was subsequently re-designated as Staff Selection Commission in 1977.
- SSC makes recruitment to various Group “B” and Group “C” posts in the various Ministries/Departments of the Government of India and in Subordinate Offices.
Institute of Banking Personnel Selection(IBPS)
- IBPS is an autonomous body that is mainly engaged in conducting competitive exams for recruitment to clerical and officers’ posts in the banking sector.