List of Contents
What is the News?
The Government of India has launched the NHP –Bhuvan portal of the National Remote Sensing Centre(NRSC).
About NHP –Bhuvan Portal:
- The National Hydrology Project or NHP-Bhuvan Portal is a repository of information on the initiatives undertaken by NRSC under NHP (National Hydrology Project).
- The portal also has a facility to download the reports and knowledge products being developed by NRSC.
About National Hydrology Project(NHP):
- National Hydrology Project (NHP) is a Central Sector scheme. It was launched by the Department of Water Resources, River Development, and Ganga Rejuvenation, Ministry of Jal Shakti with the financial aid of the World Bank.
- Objective: To improve the extent and accessibility of water resources information and strengthen institutional capacity to enable improved water resources planning and management across India.
- Components: The project comprises four broad components:
- Improving In Situ Monitoring System (IMS)
- Improving Spatial Information System (SIS)
- Promoting Water Resources Operation and Management Applications(WROMA)
- Strengthening Water Resources Institutions and Capacity Building.
- Implementing Agency: National Remote Sensing Centre (NRSC)
About National Remote Sensing Centre(NRSC):
- NRSC is one of the primary centers of the Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO), Department of Space (DOS).
- Mandate: NRSC has the mandate for:
- establishment of ground stations for receiving satellite data,
- generation of data products
- development of techniques for remote sensing applications, including disaster management support.
- Geospatial services for good governance and
- capacity building for professionals, faculty, and students.