News: Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade(DPIIT) has invited applications for the National Startup Awards(NSA) 2021.
- National Startup Awards: It was set up by the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT), Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
- Aim: To recognize and reward outstanding Startups and ecosystem enablers that are building innovative products or solutions and scalable enterprises, with high potential of employment generation or wealth creation, demonstrating measurable social impact.
- Sectors: The awards for startups will be given in 49 areas classified into 15 broad sectors. The 15 sectors are Agriculture, Animal Husbandry, Drinking Water, Education, and Skill Development, Energy, Enterprise Systems, Environment, FinTech, Food Processing, Health and Wellness, Industry 4.0, Security, Space, Transport and Travel.
- Eligibility Criteria for Startups awards: Only those DPIIT recognized Startups were eligible to participate who:
- Have a product in the market
- Have all trade-specific registrations
- Have no defaults in audited financial statements.