News: Prime Minister of India has addressed the valedictory function of the second National Youth Parliament Festival, 2021.
- National Youth Parliament Festival: It is organized by the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports, Government of India in collaboration with one of the State Governments.
- But this year, the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports has decided not to have an anchor state and to go online and let each state bring their talent to the fore.
- Purpose: It is organised to commemorate the birth anniversary of youth icon Swami Vivekananda.
- Objective: To propagate the concept of national integration, spirit of communal harmony, brotherhood, courage and adventure amongst the youth by exhibiting their cultural prowess in a common platform.
- Eligibility: Youth in the age bracket of 18-25 years are invited to participate in the festival.
- Theme: The theme for the festival is “YUVAAH—Utsah Naye Bharat Ka”.
Read Also :upsc current affairs