- The Indian Navy has finalised plans to incorporate contemporary cybersecurity measures
- The biannual Naval Commanders’ Conference was held from 8th to 12th May, 2018
- A new digital library is inaugurated which is available across the Navy for knowledge management and retrieval including archiving of critical data and information.
- Navy has decided to include Big Data Analytics and Artificial Intelligence into its operational functioning.
- It has reviewed the new transition cycle to deploy ships from maintenance to operational spheres.
- The Navy also undertook a review of the Navy’s Mission Based Deployments. It is a plan for deployment of warships in the Indian Ocean region which were made operational in 2017
- Focus on projects to provide thrust to ‘Make in India’ Initiative:
- second indigenous aircraft carrier for the Navy
- Pipeline including mine counter measure vessels,
- landing platform dock,
- anti-submarine shallow water craft,
- diving support vessels