News:National Crime Record Bureau(NCRB) has launched two Police related Citizen centric services namely Missing Person Search and Generate Vehicle NOC on Crime and Criminal Tracking Network System(CCTNS) platform.
Read Also :-“Data on Police Organizations”
About the Citizen Centric Services:
- Missing Person Search:It allows Citizens to search for their missing kin against the national database of recovered unidentified found person/unidentified dead bodies from their homes.
- Generate Vehicle NOC:It allows citizens to ascertain the status of a vehicle before its second hand purchase, as to whether it is suspicious or clean from Police records.
- Crime and Criminal Tracking Network & Systems(CCTNS) is a project initiated in June 2009.It comes under the Ministry of Home Affairs.
- The project is aimed at creating a comprehensive and integrated system for enhancing the efficiency and effectiveness of policing at the Police Station level.
- The National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB) is an attached office of the Ministry of Home Affairs.
- The agency is responsible for collecting and analysing crime data as defined by the Indian Penal Code (IPC) and Special and Local Laws (SLL).