Source: Click here
News: Lancet Citizens’ Commission on Reimagining India’s Health System initiative has been launched.
- Lancet Citizens Commission: It is a first of its kind participatory, countrywide initiative in collaboration with world’s leading health journal The Lancet and the Lakshmi Mittal and Family South Asia Institute, Harvard University.
- Objective: To develop a citizens’ roadmap to achieving universal health coverage(UHC) in India over a period of ten years.
- Principles: The Commission will be guided by four principles:
- UHC covers all health concerns;
- Prevention and long-term care are key.
- The concern is financial protection for all health costs and
- Aspiring for a health system that can be accessed by all who enjoy the same quality.