News: NITI Aayog in collaboration with International Transport Forum (ITF) will launch the “Decarbonising Transport in India”.
- Decarbonising Transport in India project: It is a five-year project that will help India develop a pathway towards a low-carbon transport system through the development of modelling tools and policy scenarios.
- The project is a part of the Decarbonising Transport in Emerging Economies(DTEE).
- DTEE: It is an International Transport Forum(ITF) project in collaboration with Wuppertal Institute(WI) and supported by the International Climate Initiative(IKI) of the German Federal Ministry for the Environment,Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety(BMU).
- Aim: To help governments of emerging nations to identify ways to reduce their transport CO2 emissions and meet their climate goals.
- Participating Countries: Argentina, Azerbaijan, India and Morocco.
- International Transport Forum(ITF): It is an inter-governmental organisation within the OECD (Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development) system.
- It acts as a think tank for transport policy issues and organises the annual global summit of transport ministers.
- Member Countries: 60. India has been a member since 2008.
- Headquarters: Paris, France.