List of Contents
What is the News?
Niti Aayog launches the India Energy Dashboards Version 2.0. Version 1.0 of the Dashboard was launched in May 2017.
About India Energy Dashboards:
- India Energy Dashboards(IED) aims to provide single-window access to the energy data for the country.
- Purpose: The dashboard compiles Energy data published/provided by various sources. Like the Central Electricity Authority, Coal Controller’s Organisation and Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas.
Key Features of the India Energy Dashboards(IED):
- Firstly, India Energy Dashboards(IED) provides time-series data from FY 2005-06 until FY 2019-20;
- Secondly, The dashboard enables easy downloading of data into convenient spreadsheet formats in a cleaner way;
- Thirdly, the dashboard provides data at sub-yearly frequencies as well. This includes monthly data and data from portals maintained by the government agencies. Such as Saubhagya, UJALA, PRAPTI and Vidyut PRAVAH.
- Fourthly, it also has a ‘Feedback and Suggestions’ forum for the engagement of the energy data user community
- Fifthly, a semi-automated workflow will manage periodic updates to the IED. The workflow system performs basic checks and data validation, helping to avoid incorrect data entry.
About PRAAPTI Portal:
- PRAAPTI is a web portal, launched in 2018 by the Ministry of Power.
- Full-Form: PRAAPTI stands for Payment ratification and analysis in power procurement for bringing transparency in invoicing of generators.
- Aim: The portal aims at enhancing transparency and encouraging best practices in Power Purchase transactions.
About Vidyut PRAVAH:
- Vidyut PRAVAH is a mobile application launched by the Ministry of Power.
- Purpose: It aims to provide data pertaining to:
- The market price of power from power exchange
- Value of current all India demand in GW and
- All India and State shortages including peak hour and total energy shortage.