News: NITI Aayog has released a white paper: Vision 2035: Public Health Surveillance in India.
- The document is a joint effort of Health Vertical, NITI Aayog and Institute for Global Public Health, University of Manitoba,Canada.
Vision of the Paper:
- To make India’s public health surveillance system more responsive and predictive to enhance preparedness for action at all levels.
- Citizen-friendly public health surveillance systems will ensure individual privacy and confidentiality, enabled with a client feedback mechanism.
- Improved data-sharing mechanism between Centre and states for better disease detection, prevention, and control.
- India aims to provide regional and global leadership in managing events that constitute a public health emergency of international concern.
Key Features of the Vision:
- The white paper lays out India’s vision 2035 for public health surveillance through the integration of the three-tiered public health system into Ayushman Bharat.
- The building blocks for this vision are an interdependent governance between the Centre and states, a new data-sharing mechanism that involves the use of new analytics, health informatics, and data science including innovative ways of disseminating ‘information for action’.