What is the News?
The Union Cabinet has approved agreements between the Indian Council of Medical Research(ICMR) and Swiss research agencies to promote collaboration on diagnostics and antimicrobial resistance.
What are the agreements signed?
MoU between ICMR and Foundation for Innovative New Diagnostics (FIND), Switzerland:
- The MoU aims to strengthen the relations within the framework of the international scientific and technological collaboration and to promote cooperation in fields of mutual interest.
- FIND is a global health non-profit organization that facilitates the development, evaluation, and implementation of diagnostic tests for poverty-related diseases.
- Headquarters: Geneva, Switzerland
- In India, FIND is registered as a non-profit organisation created under Section 8 of the (Indian) Companies Act, 2013.
MoU between ICMR and GARDP Foundation on Antimicrobial Resistance Research and Innovation:
- The MoU aims to develop and deliver new or improved antibiotic treatments, and also ensure their sustainable access. The collaboration will involve joint strategy and financial and in-kind contributions by both parties.
- Global Antibiotic Research and Development Partnership(GARDP) is a not-for-profit organization created by the World Health Organization (WHO) and Drugs for Neglected Diseases Initiative(DNDi).
- Mandate: It works with partners to develop new treatments for drug-resistant infections that pose the greatest threat to health.