News:Union Minister of State for Development of North-Eastern Region (DoNER) has informed Lok Sabha about North East Rural Livelihood Project.
About North East Rural Livelihood Project:
- North East Rural Livelihood Project(NERLP) is a World Bank aided project under the Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region (DoNER).The project was launched in 2012.
- The project aims to improve rural livelihood, especially that of women, unemployed youth and the most disadvantaged in four North Eastern States of Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim and Tripura.
- The project has focussed on five development strategies namely (a) social empowerment (b)economic empowerment (c)partnership development (d)project management and (e)livelihood & value chain developments.
- The project also works in partnerships with expert organizations to focus on cluster development through value chain.
Objectives of the project:
- Create sustainable community institutions around women Self-Help Groups (SHGs), Youth Groups of men and women (YG) and Community Development Groups (CDG).
- Build capacity of community institutions for self governance, bottom up planning, democratic functioning with transparency and accountability.
- Increase economic and livelihood opportunities.
- Develop partnership of community institutions for natural resource management, microfinance, market linkages, and sectoral economic services.