What is the News?
The Odisha Chief Minister has launched the Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana (BSKY) smart card scheme.
About Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana (BSKY) smart card scheme:
- Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana (BSKY) smart card scheme is a new version of the Biju Swasthya Kalyan Scheme that was first launched in 2018.
- The scheme aims to transform the health service delivery system of the state.
- Under the scheme, smart cards would be distributed to the beneficiaries. The smart cards will have the details of family members and a 12-digit distinctive registration quantity. Each family will be given two cards in case two people fall sick at the same time.
- The smart cards can be used by the beneficiaries to avail cashless health coverage across more than 200 empanelled private hospitals.
- Those who don’t have smart cards will have to produce their food security cards to avail the services under the scheme.
- Each family can get treatment cost up to ₹5 lakh per year and women will get benefits up to ₹10 lakh per year under the scheme.