List of Contents
What is the News?
India, Pakistan, China and other members of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation(SCO) will hold a joint anti-terrorism exercise called “Pabbi-Antiterror-2021”.
About Exercise Pabbi-Antiterror-2021:
- The Council of the Regional Anti-Terrorist Structure(RATS) held in Tashkent, Uzbekistan announced the exercise Pabbi-Antiterror during their 36th meeting.
- Purpose of Pabbi-Antiterror: To improve cooperation between the competent authorities of the SCO member states. Further, helping them in identifying and suppressing channels that finance terrorist activities.
- Firstly, Shanghai Cooperation Organisation(SCO) is a permanent intergovernmental international organisation. It was founded in 2001 by Kazakhstan, China, Kyrgyzstan, Russia, Tajikistan, and Uzbekistan.
- Secondly, Members: China, India, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Pakistan, Russia, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan. India and Pakistan were admitted to the SCO as permanent members in 2017.
- Thirdly, Observer States: Afghanistan, Belarus, Iran and Mongolia.
- And lastly, Dialogue Partners: Azerbaijan, Armenia, Cambodia, Nepal, Turkey and Sri Lanka.
- Heads of State Council(HSC): It is the supreme decision-making body in the SCO. It meets once a year and adopts decisions and guidelines on all important matters of the organisation.
- SCO Heads of Government Council(HGC): It meets once a year to discuss the organisation’s multilateral cooperation strategy and priority areas. It helps to resolve the current important economic and other cooperation issues. The HGC also approves the organisation’s annual budget.
- SCO Secretariat based in Beijing, China.
- Regional Anti-Terrorist Structure(RATS): It is a permanent organ of the SCO. RATS serves to promote cooperation of member states against the three evils of terrorism, separatism and extremism.
Source: The Hindu