News:Pakistan has conducted the test launch of Shaheen-1 surface-to-surface ballistic missile.
- Shaheen-1 is a is a land based supersonic short-range ballistic missile (SRBM).
- It has been jointly designed and developed by joint venture of Pakistan’s National Engineering and Scientific Commission(NESCOM) and National Defence Complex(NDC).
- The missile is capable of delivering all types of warheads (conventional as well as nuclear).
- It has a strike range of 650 KMs bringing a number of Indian cities under its range.It is propelled by a two-stage solid-fuel rocket motor.
About Ballistic missile:
- Ballistic missile follows a ballistic trajectory to deliver one or more warheads to a predetermined target.
- These weapons are guided during relatively brief periods of flight and most of their trajectory is unpowered, being governed by gravity and air resistance if in the atmosphere.