Source : Click here
News: Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare has addressed the Inter Ministerial Conference by Partners in Population and Development(PPD).
- Partners in Population and Development(PPD): It is an Intergovernmental alliance formed during the International Conference on Population and Development(ICPD) held in Cairo in 1994.
- Aim: To expand and strengthen South-South collaboration between and among the developing countries in the field of reproductive health, population and development.
- Members: Currently, PPD has the membership of 26 developing countries, representing more than 59% of the world’s population.
- Secretariat: Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- South–South cooperation: It is a term used by policymakers and academics to describe the exchange of resources, technology and knowledge between developing countries also known as countries of the Global South.
- Triangular cooperation: It is collaboration in which traditional donor countries and multilateral organizations facilitate South-South initiatives through the provision of funding, training, management and technological systems as well as other forms of support.