- The war of words between America and China signalling new Era of Cold War.
- Why there is war of words between China and America:
- United States imposed 10% tariff on $200 billion of Chinese goods, escalating trade war between both the countries.
- Trump administration has formally described China as a “revisionist power” and “strategic competitor” in the past year.
- Chinese structural economic reforms to hurt farmers, factory workers, and small business owners in America.
- American Vice President has taken a tough approach towards China, accusing it with strings of arguments such as:
- Manipulation of social media or the hacking of email accounts to influence Midterm Election because of its imposition of tariffs on billions of dollars on Chinese goods.
- China persuaded three Latin American countries to break diplomatic ties with Taiwan and recognize the People’s Republic of China but United States might no longer abide by the One China principle.
- China is targeting U.S. state and local governments and officials to exploit any divisions between federal and local levels on policy.
- China’s Accusation:
- Trump is attempting to damage China’s economy, derail China’s rise, and to withdraw China’s leadership.
- Trump is scapegoating China for America’s own domestic challenges.
- It is expected the America will broaden the attack on China because:
- China’s aggressiveness and rapid military buildup in its coastal waters.
- Its use of debt financing to corrupt financially vulnerable countries.
- Its influence campaign in American news media, at think tanks and on college campuses.
- China is predicting, America is trying to embark on a Cold War that would force the China to involve into prolonged multi-front battle with the United States.