About PM Aatmanirbhar Swasthya Bharat Yojana: In the Budget speech of FY 21-22, the scheme has been announced. The Scheme has an outlay of about Rs.64,180 Cr over six years (till FY 25-26). It is a Centrally Sponsored Scheme
- Developing the capacities of the primary, secondary, and tertiary health sectors.
- Strengthen existing national institutions in the Health sector
- Create new institutions, to cater to the detection and cure of new and emerging diseases.
Duration of the Scheme: Six Years
Target: The PMASBY targets to build an IT-enabled disease surveillance system by developing a network of surveillance laboratories at block, district, regional and national levels, in Metropolitan areas.
Salient features of the scheme:
- Rural, Urban Health, and Wellness Centres
- Integrated Public Health Labs
- Critical health care hospital blocks
- National institution for One Health
- Regional research platform for WHO South-East Asia Region,
- 9 Biosafety Level III laboratories and 4 regional centers of National Institutes for Virology.
- Strengthening National Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) and 5 regional branches of it
- Expanding the integrated health information panel.