News:Prime Minister has chaired the 31st interaction through the PRAGATI platform.
- PRAGATI stands for Pro-Active Governance And Timely Implementation. The platform was launched in 2015.
- The platform is aimed at addressing common man’s grievances and simultaneously monitoring and reviewing important programmes and projects of the Government of India as well as projects flagged by State Governments.
- The major objectives of the program are (a) Grievance redressal (b) Project implementation (c) Project monitoring.
Key features of the platform:
- The platform uniquely bundles three latest technologies: Digital data management, video-conferencing and geo-spatial technology.
- It is a three-tier system (PMO, Union Government Secretaries and Chief Secretaries of the States)
- Prime Minister will hold a monthly programme where he will interact with the Government of India Secretaries and Chief Secretaries through Video-conferencing enabled by data and geo-informatics visuals;
- The issues flagged before the PM are picked up from the available database regarding Public Grievances, on-going Programmes and pending Projects.