News: The centre will release third instalment of PM KISAN of Rs. 2000 for December 2019-March 2020. The Prime Minister will also distribute Krishi Karman Awards.
About PM KISAN Scheme:
- Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM-KISAN) is a Central Sector Scheme with 100% funding from Government of India. It was announced in February 2019.
- Under the Scheme, income support of Rs.6000/- per year is provided to all farmer families across the country in three equal instalments of Rs.2000/- each every four months.
- Definition of the family for the Scheme is husband, wife and minor children. The entire responsibility of identification of beneficiary farmer families rests with the State / UT Governments.
- The scheme is implemented by the Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare.
About Krishi Karman Awards
- Krishi Karman Awards are given to best performing States in foodgrain production. The award was constituted in 2010-11 by the Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare.