Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi will be laying foundation stone of temple in UAE
What is in news?
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will lay the foundation stone of a temple in Abu Dhabi during his visit to the United Arab Emirates (UAE)
- The UAE granted the temple project after India conveyed the demand of its nationals for a place of worship during P.M. Modi’s 2015 visit to the country.
- This event is a part of a three –nation tour scheduled from 9th to 12th February
About the Three-nation tour
- Three-nation tour will begin in Palestine and end in Oman
- P.M Modi would begin his visit from the Jordanian capital of Amman, from where he will be travelling to the West Bank territory of Palestine.
- Apart from laying the temple foundation, P.M. Modi will visit the Wahat Al Karama, the memorial to fallen soldiers of the UAE.
- He will also address the World Government Summit in Dubai.
- Modi will visit a Shiva temple in Oman during his first visit to that country on February 12.
- He will hold bilateral meetings with the two Prime Ministers of Oman.