What is the News?
PMAY-Gramin (Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana- Gramin) achieves 92% of its target under the 1st phase (i.e. from 2016-17 to 2018-19).
Target under PMAY-Gramin:
- PMAY-G scheme aims to construct 2.95 crore houses with all basic amenities by the year 2021-22.
- However, the number of beneficiaries reduced from 2.95 crores to 2.14 crore. It was after 81 lakh were founded ineligible as per Socio-Economic Caste Census(SECC) -2011.
- 1st Phase Target: A target of 1 crore houses was set for completion in the 1st phase of the scheme i.e. from 2016-17 to 2018-19. So far, 92% of the target completion has been achieved.
Expenditure on PMAY-Gramin:
- In the financial year 2020-21, the highest ever money allotted since the launch of the PMAY(G) scheme.
- Further, expenditure incurred by states also seen an unprecedented increase in the current fiscal. This is also the highest expenditure since the launch of the rural housing scheme.
About PMAY- Gramin:
- Launched by: Ministry of Rural Development in 2016
- Aim: The aim is to provide a pucca house with basic amenities to all rural families. The scheme aims to achieve this by the end of March 2022. People who are homeless or living in kutcha or old houses are eligible for benefits.
- Beneficiaries: Beneficiaries under the scheme are identified as per the housing deprivation parameters and exclusion criteria prescribed under Socio-Economic Caste Census(SECC) 2011. Gram Sabha verifies these eligible beneficiaries.
Click Here to Read more about PMAY-G