What is the News?
NITI Aayog launches a platform named “Poshan Gyan”.
About Poshan Gyan:
- Niti Aayog launched Poshan Gyan in partnership with Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and the Centre for Social and Behaviour Change, Ashoka University.
- Purpose: It is a National Digital Repository on health and nutrition.
Read more – Poshan Abhiyaan
- It is basically a comprehensive online resource for anybody working in the nutrition sector in India.
- It is a collection of effective communication materials created by the government and other development organizations. Further, it will also help in knowledge awareness and behaviour change in the nutrition sector.
- Moreover, the materials cover a range of topics, such as antenatal care, complementary feeding, adolescent health, diet diversity, anaemia prevention among others.
- Lastly, It allows anyone to submit communication material for inclusion on the website followed by a review by a designated committee. Thus, the repository also has a unique crowdsourcing feature.