What is the News?
Power Grid Corporation of India Limited(POWERGRID) launched a portal named “PRANIT”.
About PRANIT Portal:
- PRANIT is an e-Tendering Portal. It aims to make the tendering process more transparent through less paperwork and ease of operation.
- Significance: The portal is certified by Standardisation, Testing and Quality Certification Directorate(STQC), Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology.
- Power Grid Corporation of India Limited(POWERGRID) is a central public sector unit. It is also a Maharatna company. The Ministry of Power owns this CPSU.
- Objective: It is engaged mainly in the Transmission of Power. It transmits about 50% of the total power generated in India on its transmission network.
- Headquarters: Gurugram, India.