What is the News?
The Prime Minister will address the 125th-anniversary celebrations of the ‘Prabuddha Bharata’ journal. The event is organized by the Advaita Ashrama in Uttarakhand.
About ‘Prabuddha Bharata’ journal
- Prabuddha Bharata: It is an English monthly journal of the Ramakrishna Order founded in 1896, by Swami Vivekanand.
- Ramakrishna Order: It is the monastic lineage that was founded by Ramakrishna. It gave birth to twin organizations Ramakrishna Math and Ramakrishna Mission both headquartered at Belur Math in Kolkata.
- Purpose: The journal carries articles on social sciences and humanities comprising historical, psychological, cultural, and social sciences themes.
- Significance: The journal has been a significant medium for the outreach of the knowledge and message of India’s ancient spiritual wisdom.
- Personalities like Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose, Bal Gangadhar Tilak, Sister Nivedita, Sri Aurobindo, Former President Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan, have contributed to the Journal over the years.
Source: Hindustan Times