News:Union Human Resource Development Minister will launch the Pradhan Mantri Innovative Learning Programme- ‘DHRUV’ from Indian Space Research Organisation(ISRO) on 10th October,2019.
About the Pradhan Mantri Innovative Learning Programme- ‘DHRUV’:
- The programme is named DHRUV after the Pole Star with the same name.Every student selected under this programme will be called as ‘Dhruv Tara’.
- The programme aims at identifying and encouraging talented children to enrich their skills and knowledge.
- Under this programme, the identified children will be mentored and nurtured by renowned experts in centres of excellence across the country in different areas so that they can reach their full potential.
Features of the programme:
- The program will cover two areas namely (a)Science and (b)Performing Arts.
- There will be 60 students selected under this programme.
- The students will be broadly from classes 9 to 12 from all schools including government and private.
- This is only the first phase of the programme which will be expanded gradually to other fields like creative writing among others.