Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana
- It is a flagship scheme for focused and sustainable development of the fisheries sector in the country as a part of the Atma Nirbhar Bharat Abhiyan.
- Nodal Ministry: Department of Fisheries, Ministry of Animal Husbandry, Dairying and Fisheries.
- Enhance fish production by an additional 70 lakh tonne and increase fisheries export earnings to Rs.1,00,000 crore by 2024-25.
- Double the incomes of fishers and fish farmers.
- Reduce post-harvest losses from 20-25% to about 10%.
- Generate an additional 55 lakhs direct and indirect gainful employment opportunities in the fisheries sector and allied activities.
- Investment and Duration: An estimated investment of Rs. 20,050 crores for a period of 5 years from financial year (FY) 2020-21 to FY 2024-25 in all States/Union Territories.
- Components: The scheme has two components — Central Sector Scheme (CS) and Centrally Sponsored Scheme (CSS).
- Other significant Features:
- The scheme Adopt ‘Cluster or Area-based Approaches’ and create fisheries clusters through backward and forward linkages.
- It focuses especially on employment generation activities such as seaweed and ornamental fish cultivation.
Read Also :-Daily Current Affairs news for upsc