News:Minister of State for Skill Developement has informed Lok Sabha about the Pradhan Mantri Yuva Udyamita Vikas Abhiyaan (PM YUVA) Yojana.
About PM YUVA:
- Pradhan Mantri YUVA Yojana (Yuva Udyamita Vikas Abhiyan) is a centrally sponsored Scheme launched in 2016.
- The scheme is implemented by the Ministry of Skills Development and Entrepreneurship, Government of India.
- The aim of the scheme is to create an enabling ecosystem by 2021 for entrepreneurship development through entrepreneurship education & training, advocacy, and easy access to entrepreneurship network.
Objectives of PM-YUVA:PM-YUVA Yojana has four specific objectives
- Educate and equip potential and early stage entrepreneurs
- Connect entrepreneurs in enabling networks of peers, mentors, incubators, funding and business services
- Coordinate and support entrepreneurs through Entrepreneurship Hubs(E-Hubs)
- Catalyze a culture shift to support aspiring entrepreneurs.
Beneficiaries of the scheme:The target beneficiaries of the scheme are categorized as follows:
- Traditional students enrolled in degree programme across undergraduate/ postgraduate courses/ PhD programme/ Diploma
- School Students
- Students in Industrial Training Institutes (ITIs)
- All citizens including unorganized sector, women, and existing entrepreneurs in rural as well as urban areas, who would like to take up entrepreneurship education through coordination and support programmes.