Pragati is an MHRD Scheme being implemented by AICTE aimed at providing assistance for the Advancement of Girls pursuing Technical Education. This is an attempt to give young women the opportunity to further their education and prepare for a successful future by “Empowering Women through Technical Education”
Salient Features of the Scheme
- Total Number of Scholarship-4000 per Annum ( 2000 for Degree and 2000 for Diploma)
- The candidate should be admitted to 1st year of Degree/Diploma course in any of the AICTE approved Institutions of the respective year through the Centralized Admission process of the State/Central Government.
- The Scholarships for Degree and Diploma are transferable in event of the nonavailability of eligible applicants in any of the Degree/Diploma level Programme.
- Two Girls Children per family are eligible, whose family income is not more than 8 lakh per annum during the preceding financial year (in case of a married girl, the income of parents/in-laws, whichever is higher will be considered).
- The selection of candidates will be made on merit on the basis of qualifying examination to peruse the respective Technical Degree/Diploma course from any of the AICTE approved institutions.
- Amount of scholarship: Tuition Fee of Rs. 30,000/- or at actual, whichever is less and Rs.2000/- per month for 10 months as incidentals charges each year. In case of Tuition fee waiver/reimbursement, Students are eligible to get an amount of Rs. 30,000/- for the purchase of Books/Equipment/Softwares/ Laptop/Desktop/Vehicle/Fee paid towards competitive examination applications forms/exam.
- Reservation-15% for SC, 7.5% for ST and 27% for OBC candidate/applicant.