News:Union HRD Ministry has carried out various amendments in the Prime Minister’s Research Fellowship Scheme to boost research in the country.
- A dedicated Division is being created in the ministry with the name of Research and Innovation Division to coordinate the research work of various institutions coming under MHRD.
- Students from any recognised institute/ university (other than IISc/ IITs/NITs/IISERs/IIEST/CF IIITs) can also now apply with a GATE Score of 650.
- There will be two channels of entries, one direct entry and lateral entry.In lateral entry, the students who are pursuing PhD in PMRF granting institutions can apply to become fellow under the scheme.
Prime Minister’s Research Fellowship Scheme:
- Launched Year: Budget 2018-19
- Nodal Ministry: Ministry of Human Resource Development(MHRD)
- Aim: To attract the best talent into research thereby realizing the vision of development through innovation
- The institutes which can offer PMRF include all the IITs, all the IISERs, Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru and some of the top Central Universities/NITs that offer science and/or technology degrees.