The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister has given its approval to introduce the Production-Linked Incentive(PLI) Scheme for 10 key sectors.
- Aim: To help encourage domestic manufacturing, reduce imports, and generate employment.
- Features: Under the Scheme, companies will get incentives on incremental sales from products manufactured in domestic units.
- Implementation: The scheme will be implemented by the concerned ministries/departments.
- 10 Key Sectors (and Implementing Ministry/Department):
- Advance Chemistry Cell (ACC) Battery: NITI Aayog and Department of Heavy Industries.
- Electronic/Technology Products: Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology
- Automobiles & Auto Components: Department of Heavy Industries.
- Pharmaceuticals drugs: Department of Pharmaceuticals
- Telecom & Networking Products: Department of Telecom
- Textile Products (MMF segment and technical textiles): Ministry of Textiles
- Food Products: Ministry of Food Processing Industries.
- High Efficiency Solar PV Modules: Ministry of New and Renewable Energy.
- White Goods (ACs & LED): Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade.
- Speciality Steel: Ministry of Steel.
- Note: The above sectors will be in addition to the already notified PLI schemes in the following sectors:
- Mobile Manufacturing and Specified Electronic Components: Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeiTY).
- Critical Drug Intermediaries, Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients and Manufacturing of Medical Devices: Department of Pharmaceuticals.