- Bru Tribe found in North-eastern state like Mizoram, Assam, Manipur, Tripura and Bangladesh.
- Reang or Bru are one of the 21 scheduled tribes.
- Bru community, fled from Mizoram to Tripura in 1997 in the wake of inter-community violence.
- Over 5,000 Bru families, displaced from Mizoram, are currently housed in temporary camps in Tripura.
- Around 32,876 people of them are set to be repatriated to Mizoram from Tripura after a tripartite agreement signed between the Centre, Tripura and Mizoram.
- ‘Buisu’ is the most popular festival of Reang tribe.
- It is harmless cinnamon beetle, indicator of famine which occurs in every 48 years in Mizoram.