Dear Friends, We are left with less than 100 days for UPSC 2017 Civil Service Mains exam. Considering the current pattern of question related to Public Administration optional, we need to focus more on Answer writing . As you are aware that no strategy is perfect. So, we request all of you to adopt and have faith with your own strategy. In this Mains Marathon Optional Initiative, we will focus more on the answer writing part. We will try to provide you 10 questions each week, till the Mains. The question set will be comprised from all section of the syllabus (Paper 1 and Paper 2).
Important Points to consider :
- Try to understand the question and read it more than two times to understand what the examiner wants.
- Answer should be clear and have quality information.
- Always try to start with Why aspect and then move to What aspect of question.
- If possible try to Interlink Paper 1 and Paper 2.
- Adding examples from Paper 2 , Quoting thinkers idea , Recommendation from ARC, Punchi Commission etc. would enrich your answer.
- Do not try to write answer like Essay paper, try to be more accurate with points and keep it small with data and statistics.
- Your knowledge on Current Affairs matters a lot. You need to add current issue with its solution to your answer.
- Try to add public policy issue and its solution in every answer.
- Structure of answer carry more importance. So, focus on structuring of answer.
- We will try to cover question from many sources like Previous year question papers , various standard books , reports , Current Events , etc.
The plan starts from 23rd-Jul-2017 and ends on 30th-Sep-2017 .The Plan won’t carry any sectional test . It will be a comprehensive test carrying 10 question from each section of syllabus . Paper 1 will have 5 and Paper 2 will have 5 questions . All the Best.
Below are the Questions:
1. Public Administration today stands at the crossroads of public choice theory, pluralism, corporatism and elitism. Discuss. 2. Wilson’s vision of his administration was based on an idealistic version of scientific administration founded in politics administration dichotomy. Discuss. 3.Administrative reform is a value based concept.It is planned exercise and goal oriented.The goal is set by large polity and are social in origin . Discuss. 4.Even After Liberalisation , the public sector enterprises will play important role in economic development . We need to have a supporting role from private enterprises .Do we need to bring private culture of management in PSU. Critically Examine . 5.What is Administrative elitism? How does it evolve in Public Administration? Elaborate your response with reference to historical .
6.The activities of public administrators at various stages of the policy process illustrate the difficulty of divorcing politics from administration.Discuss. 7. Critically examine the Riggsian concept of differentiation in context of post-globalization era. 8.While the entrepreneur makes strategic decisions , the manager makes tactical ones.Examine. 9. Communication holds organisation together .Comment on current context 10. Justify the Constitutional provisions to treat certain expenditure as charged upon Consolidate fund of India.
All Mains Marathon Optional Questions will be updated in this page.