Public Administration Optional Test 6
1. Due to Privatization movement, what important changes happened in public administration?
2. The essence of New Public Administration is some sort of movement in the direction of normative theory, philosophy, social concern and activism. Discuss. (Waldo)
3. What is the nature of psychological contract pursued by organizational management through authority and employees through exertion of upward influence?
4. As March and Simon point out, there seems to exist a Gresham’s Law of decision-making. Explain.
5. Delegation is less flexible than deconcentration. Explain.
6. Discuss Kautilya’s politico-administrative thinking of ancient India.
7. Discuss the pros and cons of Collective Bargaining.
8. “Civil society exists to ensure that government does provide good governance.” Discuss.
9. Examine the role of Finance Ministry of the Union Government in designing and implementing monetary and Fiscal policies.
10. Administrative reforms get diluted because of constant tinkering on the margin rather than a holistic transformation. Discuss the statement in the context of reforming district administration in India.
- Considering the current pattern of question related to Public Administration optional, we need to focus more on Answer writing.
- As you are aware, no strategy is perfect. So, we request all of you to adopt and have faith with your own strategy. In this content we will focus more on the answer writing.
- We will try to provide you 10 questions each week till the Mains. The question set would be comprised of all sections of the syllabus (Paper 1 and Paper 2).
Important Points to consider
- Try to understand the question and read it more than two times to understand what the examiner wants.
- Answer should be as clear and have quality information.
- Always try to start with Why aspect and then move to What aspect of question.
- If possible try to Interlink Paper 1 and Paper 2.
- Adding examples from Paper 2 , Quoting thinkers idea , Recommendation from ARC, Punchi Commission etc. would enrich your answer.
- Do not try to write answer like Essay paper , try to be more accurate with points and keep it small with data and statistics.
- Your knowledge on Current Affairs matters a lot. You need to add current issue with its solution to your answer.
- Try to add public policy issue and its solution in every answer.
- Structure of answer carry more importance .So, focus on structuring of answer.
- We will try to cover question from many sources like Previous year question papers , various standard books , reports , Current Events . We will try to keep question standard as much as like UPSC .
- The Plan does not carry any sectional test . It will be a comprehensive test carrying 10 questions from each section of syllabus . Paper 1 will have 5 and Paper 2 will have 5 questions .
All Mains Marathon Optional Questions are updated in this page.