Each question is printed both in Hindi and in English.Answer must be’ written in the medium specified in the admission Certificate issued to you, which must be stated clearly on the cover of the answer-book in the space provided for the purpose. No marks will be given for the answer written in an medium other than that specified in the admission Certificate.
Candidates should attempt Question Nos. 1, and 5 which are compulsory, and any three of the reamining questions selecting at least one question from each Section.
The number of marks carried by each question is indicated at the end of the question.
Section – A
1. Answer any three of the following questions
in not more than 200 words each: 20×3=60
(a) ” Not merely governance but good governance is the key factor in achieving the United Nations Millennium Goals (2000).” Explain.
(b) ” In McGregor’s view, the managerial cosmology meaningfully addresses the understanding of manager and his role perceptions.” Explain.
(c) ” The successful management leaders are found in Likerts’s ‘System-4’ approach to organistational leadership.” Examine.
(d) ” The study of administration shgould start from the base of management rather than the foundation of law.” Explain.
2. (a) ” Simon’s indentifying decision-making as the core field of public administration appears logically acceptable but his positivist underpinning is problematic.” Critically examine the statement. 40
(b) “New Public Management is dead; long live digital era of governance.” Comment. 20
3. Explain the impact of privatisation on public administration with special reference to 20×3=60
(a) the issue of user fees.
(b) public – private partnership.
(c) outsourcing technique.
4. Explain the basic principles underlying Citizen’s Charter with special reference to 20×3=60
(a) its administrative philosophy
(b) promoting public accountability.
(c) ensuring standards of public service.
5. Answer any three of the following question questions in not more than 200 words each: 20×3=60
(a) ” The concept of development is multi-dimensional and ever-expanding.” Explain.
(b) ” The Prismatic model of Riggs is
equally applicable to developing as well as developed society.” Comment.
(c) ” The market has become the new icon of developmentalism.” Comment.
(d) ” Public administration can be portrayed as a whell of relationships bfocussed on the formulation and implementation of public policy.” Explain.
6. (a) Explain the ‘Peter Principle’ in respect of promotion policy in a hierachical organisation. 20
(b) Discuss in this connection the case for and
against promotion based on seniority. 40
7. (a) Distinguish fully between the syndicate method, role playing method, and T-Group training method in personnel management. 40
(b) Do you think that there is a sort of paradox between e-Governance and good governance ? Explain fully. 20
8. (a) Distingguish between PPBS and performance budgeting. 20
(b) Briefly discuss the ensuring ethics in public service as recommended in the nolan Committee Report (1994). 20
(c) ” Cost-benefit analysis is a very unsatisfactory view of evaluating public policy.” Comment. 20