News:The QS Indian University Rankings has been released.
About QS University rankings:
- This is the second edition of the standalone rankings for India’s higher education institutions.
- The rankings include public, private, higher education or deemed universities.
Methodology:The methodology used eight indicators to determine the institutions’ rankings.These were
- academic reputation (weight of 30%),
- employer reputation (20%)
- faculty-student ratio (20%)
- the proportion of staff with a PhD (10%)
- papers per faculty from Scopus database (10%)
- citations per paper from Scopus database (5%)
- the proportion of international students (2.5%)and
- the proportion of international faculty (2.5%).
About the Rankings:
- The Indian Institutes of Technology(IITs) dominate the list with seven IITs figuring in the top ten rankings.
- IIT-Bombay was ranked first followed by the Indian Institute of Science (IISc) and IIT-Delhi.
- Further,Delhi University, University of Hyderabad and the Indian Institute of Science are the only other non-IIT institutions in the top ten.