Q. “Arabithittu Wildlife Sanctuary” is located in which of the following state?
Arabithittu Wildlife Sanctuary comprises of Arabithittu State Forest located in Hunsur Taluk of Mysore district of Karnataka State.
- It lies between latitudinal range 12º 17′ 16″ to 12º 20′ 41″ North and longitudinal range 76º 22′ 43″ to 76º 28′ 51″ East. Formerly this area was in Hunsur Territorial range.
- All the sides of the sanctuary are surrounded by private agricultural land except in the North east portion which belongs to the Defence Research Development Organisation of Ministry of Defence.
- Since the area is very small zonation is not done. Zone of influence outside the boundary is agricultural fields.
- The boundary of the sanctuary is consolidated by erecting chain link mesh by Defence Research Development Organisation of Ministry of Defence.
- Even then, the pressure for grazing land by the adjacent farmers is high. Nearby quarries in the private land have been banned from operation.
Source: The Hindu